Employee safety includes practices and processes to set the suitability and trustworthiness of workers to defend the business prior to hiring, in addition to continuing vigilance around worker clinics.
Some specific recommendations for you regarding worker safety comprise the following
- Publish and enforce an employee security policy that defines what rules apply to employees and what discipline (including termination) is applicable in the event of a security incident where an employee is at fault.
- Consistently perform background checks for new employees. References alone aren’t still adequate given the prospect of fraud via social engineering. By way of instance, you should inform new workers that mails to rivals aren’t permitted without prior consent.
- Be clear about the way non-competition, non-disclosure, intellectual property principles and contractual duties implement in the context of your company’s cybersecurity. By way of instance, you should inform new workers that mails to rivals aren’t permitted without prior consent.
- Communicate safety obligations to new hires and contractors as part of the orientation, and also have them officially acknowledge they have read and understood the substance including all cybersecurity-related policies.
- State and apply the outcome of safety lapses particularly where workers may have broken or ignored the rules or caused injury to your enterprise.
Last, the employee termination procedure is pertinent to your company’s security. There have been lots of instances of former workers obtaining internal networks and stealing data or planting malware. As soon as an employee or contractor is terminated or suggests they are departing, accessibility to your company’s computers and data has to be resumed, and company property such as keys, laptops, and access assistants returned — when possible following conclusion.