Quick tips from this section:
- Often back up your information to an external hard disk drive, server or online service — using multiple copies of your information is essential in the event of the collapse of these.
- Download or buy automated backup software to guarantee timely backups of the body (s).
- Store your physical copies (e.g., external hard disk ) offsite in a secure location.
- Have emergency system boot DVDs or USB sticks prepared in case of a system crash.
- Properly tag any sensitive information which you need to ensure secure handling.
- When disposing of your information, completely ruin it shred all paper and CDs — in order that no data could potentially be accumulated and utilized to hurt you.